Friday, February 7, 2014

RoosTech - Exhibit Hall Wanderings - Part 1

The exhibit hall this year has doubled in size to accommodate more vendors and double the crowds. I spent quite a bit of time in there during lunch and in the afternoon. While it was busy, I never felt like it was overcrowded.

I'll write about my experiences as I get a few minutes here and there.

NGS (National Genealogical Society) - During a conversation with NGS President Jordan Jones and later during a presentation by Jordan and NGS Education Manager, Patricia Walls Stamm, I learned more about the revamping of theNGS Home Study course.

I knew they were rolling it out in pieces. What I didn't understand was that the two courses currently available at the NGS website, are part of what was formerly the Home Study Course. Those two courses are:

American Genealogical Studies: The Basics
American Genealogical Studies: Guide to Documentation & Source Citation - just released
The first several modules for American Genealogical Studies will roll out soon. Each one builds on the previous so you need to take them in order (think prerequisite).


By the way, the presentation was in the Backblaze Demo Theatre. I really appreciated the comfy chairs at the end of a long day!


URL for this post: http://turning-of-generations.blogspot.com/2014/02/roostech-exhibit-hall-wanderings-part-1.html

 © 2014, copyright Michelle Goodrum

No comments:

Post a Comment